Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The big move...

We closed on our house in ND on October 20. We ran into a couple of issues, but all should be resolved soon! After closing Guy called and scheduled the move. We were told that the packers would show up on Halloween and they would load on Nov. 1. With that said, Guy came home Friday! It was so wonderful to see him after 8 LONG weeks! We enjoyed the weekend together and spent some time with a few friends and lunch with family that was able to make it on Sunday.

When the loaders got there yesterday they were in for a long day as the packers didn't get near accomplished what they should have accomplished. We were assured that everytjing would get done and they worked their butts off and finished packing and loading everything around 6:45 pm. They took a lot more than we thought they would, so we didn't have a ton of stuff to take with us in our vehicals. We have stayed with my mom the last couple of nights; and I will continue to do so until she and I leave. This morning, Guy and I did a few things around the house and he left about 10:30 am to head back. I know he's going to try and drive it all today, but I'm hoping he stops....I'll worry about him until he gets back.

The movers won't be at our new house until Wed, Nov 9, so my mom and I won't leave until Monday morning. Our plan is to drive half-way and stop for the night. On Tuesday we'll drive to Bismarck and stay there, as there is probably not anything available in Dickinson but we'll certainly check, and them head over to our house early Wednesday morning. Bismarck is about an hour and a half from Dickinson....plus you gain an hour because Dickinson is in the Mountain Time Zone. Until Monday I'll probably wrap things up here and do some cleaning at the other house....although Guy's mom has offered to clean and that for us....thank you to Sue!

We are also happy to say we are under contract on our home in Maryville! Closing is scheduled for Thanksgiving week. We hope everything goes well and we sell our house. The market in the St. Louis area is horrible, but we are thankful we've been able to sell so quickly.

Please continue to keep us in your thoughts and prayers as we travel and get our new home settled. If you'd like our new address please let me know and I'll email it to you. My email is: tiffanyconover@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment